|🏆 Best Cycling Bookmaker||Betfred|
|🔝 Top Live Cycling Betting Site||bet365|
|🎁 Best Cycling Offers & Bonuses||William Hill|
|📈 Most Popular Cycling Markets||bwin|
|📱 Top Cycling Betting App||Unibet|
|💰 Top Site for Cycling Odds||1xbet|
Cycling isn’t the most popular sport, but punters who enjoy cycling can still find a bookmaker who accepts bets on these competitions. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best cycling betting sites and give you some tips before you make your first wager.
Our Picks for the Top Cycling Betting Sites
In the UK, there are many places for cycling betting, but what are the top-rated bookmakers? Our experts have considered several factors to determine which platforms are the best betting websites for punters.
Below, we give you a brief overview of the most trusted online bookmakers:
This company offers markets that cover multiple bicycle racing events and gives bettors excellent odds. What is more, Betfred allows you to bet on all the top cycling events worldwide, with a focus on the Grand Tours.
- Covers leading cycling tours
- Competitive odds for cycling
- Matched betting not possible here
You can find markets for cycling throughout the year on this site. In addition, Unibet focuses on major tournaments. Odds and markets are above the average you would expect for this sport.
- Long odds for cycling
- Useful statistics in place
- Local events may not receive coverage
When it comes to quality and quality first, this is a brand you need to consider. As a well-known bookmaker, William Hill offers all the most popular cycling markets. Among these are Match-Ups and Outrights.
- Mobile app for placing cycling bets on Android or iOS
- Wide range of betting markets
- Live streams do not cover all events
This bookie made a name for itself with its wide range of sports offers. In fact, bet365 is among the few brands that consistently offer free bets and odds boosts for different types of sports, including cycling.
- Regular betting offers for cycling
- Popular and niche cycling markets included
- Frowns upon sports tactics of any kind
This company offers bets for many different races, with a large selection of betting markets, and great odds. Pick bwin if you are on the lookout for useful features, such as Cashout, Edit a Bet and Build a Bet.
- Licensed and 100% legit operator
- Perfect for live cycling bets
- Some offers are limited or vary from country to country
Here is a bookie that is truly in a league of its own. 1xbet used to be popular among bettors solely for its betting exchange. Now it can take pride in being one of the few High Odds sites. And this is definitely true when it comes to bicycle racing odds.
- High odds bookie for cycling bets
- Impeccable reputation
- May not be available in some jurisdictions
All these companies are licensed bookies that provide a quality gambling experience. Whichever site you use will give you great rates, odds, and access to a mobile app.
Which Cycling Betting Markets to Choose?
There are many popular markets you can bet in on the top cycling betting sites. There are three categories where cyclists compete while using a specific piece of equipment and on different terrains. The first group is road cycling on other roads such as grass, trails, steep roads, and pavement. Next is track cycling; it takes place in velodromes which are specifically built tracks for cycling. Lastly is mountain biking which takes place over mountainous terrain.
Within these categories, you can find cycling betting markets. Some of the most popular are:
- King of the Mountain: In this market, you decide who you think will do the best on the mountain stages.
- Finish in Top 10: If you aren’t confident that a cyclist will win, you can make a bet that they will finish in the top 10. However, the odds are reduced.
- Winner in Points Classification: Throughout the competition, cyclists receive points for different criteria, and you guess who you think will have the most points by the end.
- Finish in Top 3: Like the top 10 bets, you can wager that a cyclist will make the top three of the competition. The odds are also reduced, but they are higher than the top 10 bet.
- Number of Finishers: The bookmaker you gamble with will come up with the number of cyclists they think will finish the competition, and you decide if the actual number is higher or lower.
- Match-Ups: The bookmaker will pair up riders, and you decide which of the two will perform better in the race.
- Stage Wins: Each event has multiple stages. For this bet, you choose who will win each stage.
- Outright Winner: In this market, you pick who will be the overall winner of the tournament.
The bets we mentioned and many others are available for all cycling competitions. Many bookmakers will also offer them on major events like the Tour de France, Giro D’ Italia. Tour Down Under, and the Olympic Games.
Cycling Odds Payout Percentage Compared & Ranked
It is rare to find a site that can compete with 1xbet when it comes to odds. Luckily our recommended cycling betting sites offer prices that are on par. What we did to help bettors compare the cycling odds in different bookies is rank them according to their odds payout percentage.
Why Should You Bet on Cycling – Pros & Cons
Cycling isn’t an easy sport to bet on because of how many competitors are in a tournament. However, it can be easier to decide who and what markets you want to place wagers in with some research. Before you start making bets, here are a few advantages and disadvantages to betting on bicycle racing.
- A wide variety of betting markets
- Televised competitions
- Many competitors to choose from
- Tournaments featured on social media
- Most bookmakers have a cycling betting app
- Race stages aren’t predictable
- External factors can affect your wagers
- It can be hard to know who to bet on
What Should You Know About Cycling Live Betting?
Since cycling is unpredictable, it can be hard to win bets. However, here are a few tips to help you when you’re betting live:
If a cyclist usually does well in a particular stage, they’ll most likely do well again.
After the first few stages, it’ll be easier to tell who feels confident. You can bet on these riders to beat the odds.
- Stage Profile
Some terrains are easier for different types of cyclists, for example, sprinters on flat stages. Match the rider to the stage profile for a better chance to win.
- News and Social Media
Watching interviews or looking at social media can give you a lot of information on a cyclist’s mindset and strategies.
The weather can make a race significantly harder, and the cyclists with the best technique will do the best. Know who these cyclists are and bet on them winning.
Learn from Pros’ Mistakes – Betting Tips to Remember
Even at the best online cycling betting sites, there are some factors you should keep in mind to help you make the best wager decisions. Here are our tips:
- Research teams to find out who’s on the roster and what their past strengths and weaknesses are. You can use this information to determine in what stages they’re most likely to do well.
- Pay attention to the weather forecasts during the tournament; this can change how a cyclist performs.
- Learn about the different betting options and race types before placing a bet, so you know what to expect.
- Look up rider interviews to see if they have any concerns about the race, including possible injuries, weather patterns, etc.
- Study team strategies to determine which one they might use and how successful it has been for them in the past.
- Cycling events can get complex as it progresses and odds can change dramatically. So, keep track of what is going on with the race to find bets with good odds.
- You can also look up how individual riders perform in long-distance and sprint competitions.
- There are many in-play betting options for cycling since tournaments can last up to a few weeks. This provides punters with a plethora of choices.
Our Recommended Number 1 Cycling Betting Site
Our top pick for a cycling bookmaker that checks all the boxes is Betfred.
- Has apps for Android and iOS
- Amazing sportsbook
- Many payment methods
Cycling isn’t the most popular sport to bet on, but many markets are available at the most trusted sports betting websites. Hopefully, after reading this guide, you now know where you can make bets and have some tips to improve your chances of winning. Even though it requires a lot of research, cycling betting has many incredible benefits.
How to find reputable cycling betting sites?
You can choose from one of the sites we mentioned in this article, such as 1xbet, betfred and bwin, or you can look at some of the top sportsbook brand names.
Should I use several different sportsbooks when placing cycling bets?
Yes, going to different bookmakers allows you to get the best odds for the bets you want to make.
What’s the best strategy for betting on cycling?
There isn’t one best strategy because cycling races are so unpredictable. However, the tips we provided in this article can help improve your game in a responsible way.
Can I find mobile betting apps for cycling?
Yes, bookmakers like bet365, William Hill and Unibet have apps where you can bet on cycling on mobile.