In 2023, there are lots of South African legal betting sites with amazing sign up bonuses. We at Silentbet have sampled these betting sites with welcome bonus in South Africa to save you the hustle of evaluating each of them.
Consequently, the team has created the table below showcasing the top betting sites with sign up bonus in South Africa. You will also find information on their welcome bonuses, free bonus code and the bonus amount you get in every bookmaker. Later in this article, we shall review the top free bet vouchers in detail.
Best Betting Sites with Welcome Bonus in South Africa (Top 10 List)
Each of the South African Betting Sites offer a unique welcome bonus. We have crawled online and identified each of the welcome bonuses available at various bookmakers.
The list below shows these online bookmakers, and the welcome offers to help in your betting journey when you sign up.
|#1 Hollywoodbets welcome bonus||50 FS +R25 sign up bonus|
|#2 Betway welcome bonus||R1,000 Sign up Free Bet|
|#3 Bet.co.za welcome bonus||Get R1,000 FREE Bonus|
|#4 Betfred.co.za welcome bonus||R5,000 First Deposit Match|
|#5 Gbets.co.za welcome bonus||R1,000 deposit match|
|#6 10bet.co.za welcome bonus||R3,000 + R500 Free bet|
|#7 Sportingbet welcome bonus||R3,000 + 300 FS Welcome Offer|
|#8 World Sports Betting welcome bonus||R15,000 Registration Bonus|
|#9 Fafabet welcome bonus||150% up to R5,000|
|#10 YesPlay welcome bonus||up to R3,000 FREE|
The section below describes the above welcome offers, their terms, and conditions.
Hollywoodbets Sign Up Bonus
Hollywoodbets is one of the betting sites with welcome bonus we will talk about. When you register an account with them, you get a new player offer. The bookmaker gives you a free R25 sign up bonus. Besides, you get an additional 50 free spins.
When you receive the free spins, you can play them at Hey Sushi, New Years Bash, or Lantern Luck. Besides, you can use them on Tuk Tuk Thailand or Golden Unicorn Deluxe Deluxe game.
- Use the R25 free bet bonus within 24 hours of activating your account.
- To withdraw the R25 free bet amount, place bets with minimum odd of 0.5.
- The free spins are valid once per user in the first login attempt.
- Moreover, you must be at least 18 to qualify for the bonus offered.
- Before a withdrawal, wager the free spins winnings 5 times.
- Finally, note that the maximum payout from this welcome bonus is R1,200 per player.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
HollyWoodBets gives its new players a fantastic welcome bonus. However, some bookmakers provide better registration bonus than what is available here.
Besides, you may claim the bonus before submitting FICA documents. However, after successfully wagering, you must submit the documents to withdraw your bonus.
Betway Sign Up Bonus
BetWay is an online betting site with a heafty sign up bonus lined up for their . The online bookmaker offers you a 100% deposit match bonus of up to R,1000. However, you only receive online betting site this free bet welcome bonus after depositing in your account for the first time.
The bonus is available to new BetWay players who are 18 years and above.
- The welcome offer is a 100% deposit matched first deposit bonus worth R1,000.
- Available once per every new punter at the bookie.
- To qualify, deposit in your new account and place a bet that is 3 times your first deposit at odds of 3.0 or above.
- After registering, you have up to 30 days to meet the offer requirements.
- You can use the welcome bonus free bet on all sports except horse racing.
- The free bet cannot be used on casino games
- You receive the offer after automatic verification or submission of FICA documents.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
BetWay is among the SA bookmakers with an average registration bonus compared to what others offer in the country.
Bet.co.za Sign Up Bonus
Bet.co.za offers you a wide range of sports to bet on. In addition to this abundance, creating a new account here allows you to obtain a new player offer.
The bookmaker will give you a 100% deposit bonus to a maximum of R1,000 as a first deposit bonus. Certainly, this is a good amount for online gaming starters.
When you deposit for the first time, you will get a pop-up with the welcome bonus.
- Deposit at least R50 to qualify for the first deposit bonus.
- Wager the welcome offer 6 times before withdrawing. Wagering can be done on both singles and multiple bets.
- Bonus is valid on sports and Bet Vegas betting only.
- Only available to South African punters
- Both tricasts and forecast bets on horse racing do not count in wagering requirements
- This bonus cannot be used on casino games.
- Moreover, you have 30 days to meet the wagering requirements since your first deposit.
- Lastly, you cannot combine this bonus with any other Bet.co.za offer.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
We really appreciate the straightforward rollover when it comes to the Bet co za sign up bonus and its terms. Although it is not the biggest free deposit match for new players out there, it is still a good enough welcome gift.
Betfred Sign Up Bonus
Betfred is one of the betting sites with welcome bonus for South African players. The betting site promises to match your first deposit to a maximum of R5,000.
If you deposit R200 for the first time, you get an extra R200. If you deposit R4000, you will receive an additional R4,000.
- This offer is available to new customers only.
- Only the first deposit qualifies for the welcome bonus.
- You receive your first deposit bonus 2 hours after making the minimum deposit in your new account.
- To withdraw bonus funds, You need to make qualifying bets. Wager the bonus 5 times on bets with odds of 15/10 or higher.
- You can only place single bets using the bonus funds.
- Casino bets are not allowed with this bonus
- When you bet with bonus funds, the maximum payout will not exceed R15,000.
- The offer will expire if you don’t fully transfer it to your main wallet within 15 days of crediting.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
Undoubtedly, this is one of the largest welcome bonuses at any of the South African online betting sites. Plus, it is easy to claim by redeeming it without a voucher code or any other coupon.
Gbets.co.za Sign Up Bonus
You will be get a free bet bonus of as much as R1,000 welcome bonus. The offer will come as a first deposit match bonus. The deposit is matched by 100%.
To activate the welcome bonus, head to your account section and click on Bonuses. Click on Sportsbook on the menu and then the ‘Claim Bonus’ option. Afterwards, you will be directed to deposit for the first time to receive your offer.
- Make a minimum deposit of R20 to qualify for this offer.
- The maximum bonus to get is R1000.
- To withdraw, make sports bets with the bonus 6 times at events with a minimum odds of 0.70.
- The maximum win you can withdraw from the welcome bonus betting is R10,000.
- Before a withdrawal, Gbets must verify that all your account details are correct.
- Lastly, the cash-out and edit bet features will not be available for bets placed using bonus funds.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
Like many other bookmakers, Gbets.co.za offers an average welcome bonus. However, the amount is great for players starting their gaming journey.
10bet Sign Up Bonus
10bet Bookmaker welcomes its new South African players with a wonderful bonus. The free bet offer has three parts.
The first part is meant for the games section and carries a 100% deposit bonus up to R3,000. The sports welcome bonus is a 50% deposit bonus capped at R500.
- It can only be claimed once by a new customers.
- Deposit at least R50 into your account to receive the welcome package.
- To withdraw the bonus, place bets with your deposit once on events with minimum odds of at least 1.5.
- The sports free bet is given as 50% of your first deposit.
- Furthermore, the free bet is valid for 15 days.
- This signup bonus cannot be combined with any other bonus at the bookmaker.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
10bet is one of the best betting sites in South Africa that offers an average welcome offer compared to the other bookmakers we have reviewed.
Sportingbet Sign Up Bonus
Immediately you set up your account at Sportingbet South Africa, you will stand a chance to enjoy a welcome offer at the betting site, provided you meet the bonus terms. The triple welcome promo you get will grant you a bonus of up to R3,000 + 300 FS for your first three deposits. Sportingbet will provide up to R1,000 + 100 FS for each instalment. Your first deposit will grant you a 100% bonus, while the second and third deposits will provide 50% and 75%, respectively. The signup voucher is just what we expected to find on the site.
- This offer is only available to new customers
- The welcome bonus cannot be combined with other SportingBet offers.
- Deposit at least R50 within 3 days from registration day to qualify.
- The second and third deposit bonuses will only be available for 48 hours after you claim your first/second deposit bonus.
- You must be at least 18 and residing in South Africa to qualify for the bonus.
- Before a withdrawal, make sports bet 10 times the bonus on events with minimum odds of 1.7.
- If you choose to use your bonus in the casino section, you must meet an x40 wagering requirement before withdrawing.
- The acquired free spins must be used on specific games, and winnings from them must be wagered 14 times.
- After the bonus is given, it will remain available for a maximum of 60 days.
- Lastly, cashed-out, edited, or canceled bets will not count in wagering of the bonus.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
Sportingbet offers you an average welcome bonus compared to other bookmakers that give you an introductory bonus in South Africa.
World Sports Betting Welcome Bonus
World Sports Betting stands out as one of betting sites with welcome bonus in South Africa. You are given a hefty welcome bonus to mark the start of your betting journey. The bonus available here is 100% of your initial deposit. However, at most, the amount you receive is R15,000 and comes to you as a free betting voucher.
When you set up an account and deposit for the first time, write to the bookmaker’s support at email@example.com with ‘100% Bonus Offer’ as the heading. You should do this before your first transaction.
- Make an initial deposit of at least R50 to qualify.
- Offer available on first deposit only.
- Before withdrawing, wager your bonus 5 times on minimum odds of 5/10.
- Only fully settled bets will count towards the offer’s wagering requirements.
- Besides, you cannot combine this offer with any other bonus available at the betting site.
- Any abuse of this offer will lead to permanent account closure, and you will not receive any refund.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
World Sports betting offers SA players the best free bets in the market. We tested it from end to finish – activated the free bet, used it, wagered it and withdrew our winnings without any problems.
Fafabet Sign Up Bonus
Fafabet is one of South African bookmakers with world-class online betting services. When you create an account at the gambling platform, you can enjoy an offer ranging from 100 – 150% of your first deposit.
The amount in this bonus depends on your first deposit, as shown below:
- Depositing between R25 and R1000 qualifies you for a 100% free bets bonus.
- Depositing between R1001 and R3000 gives you a 125% free bets bonus.
- Finally, a deposit of R3000 and above qualifies you for a 150% free bets to a maximum of R5000.
To claim the welcome bonus, create an account, deposit, and place a qualifying bet.
- Offers available to new Fafabet customers who are 18 years old and above.
- Available once to every new customer/household/IP address.
- You have up to 30 days from registration to meet the bonus awarding criteria.
- The maximum you can get is a R5,000 free bet.
- When you receive the free bet welcome bonus, you can only use it in the sports and numbers section.
- To withdraw the bonus, wager it 5 times on minimum odds of 2.0.
- Lastly, the maximum amount to transfer from your welcome bonus account to your real account will not exceed your first deposit amount.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
Fafabet may be one of the relatively new betting sites with welcome bonuses in S.A. but they are on par with the big names in the business. Do not overlook the brand and their rewards for new players. We, at Silentbet.com, tested the welcome deposit bonus and found nothing to complain about. Try them and see for yourself.
YesPlay Sign Up Bonus
YesPlay is also among the ZA betting apps with free bonus offer for its players. When you sign up here and deposit for the first time, you will receive a bonus equal to your deposit.
In this deal you get a 100% deposit bonus whose maximum bonus amount is R3,000.
- Deposit a minimum of R20 within 7 days from account registration to qualify.
- Play through the bonus amount you get 8 times before a withdrawal.
- When wagering, only bets placed with real or bonus money will count towards wagering
- Only fully settled bets will count towards the welcome bonus wagering requirements.
- The 100% welcome bonus at YesPlay cannot be used alongside any other bonuses.
- Moreover, your first deposit and the bonuses you get will be in your bonus account until you meet the wagering requirements.
- The maximum bonus amount you get in this welcome bonus will be at most R3000.
Silentbet’s Expert Take:
Certainly, what YesPlay gives its new players is above average compared to some bookmakers that offer a smaller bonus amount. You will enjoy casino games on the platform as well as more deposit bonuses.
What is a Welcome Bonus?
A welcome bonus is a special gift new punters get at an online or physical bookmaker when they create an account. The bonus is meant to offer players a head start and enable them to test the games available at a gambling site. However, this bonus comes with some wagering requirements that players must meet.
Although it is mainly known as a welcome bonus, there are other terms that players and bookies use interchangeably to refer to it. It is also called a sign-up offer, new player, first deposit, or registration bonus.
Types of Registration Bonuses
There are many bookies operating in South Africa. To create a competitive advantage over each other and establish uniqueness, each bookie has a unique approach to offering the welcome offer. Consequently, this makes it possible to have all sorts of welcome bonuses.
To mention a few, there are free deposit bonuses, deposit-based bonuses, free bets, and free spins. For each, the process of claiming differs from the other. Besides, the amounts available and the terms are also different.
In the section below, we discuss each of the above types of bonuses.
Free Bet on Registration
A free bet is an offer available at betting sites with a free registration bonus in SA. Primarily, this bonus gives you credits to gamble without risking your own money. You get to make a risk free bet which is good for a starter and trying out the platform.
When you sign up at a bookie with this offer, you will receive credits after a qualifying deposit. However, some bookies may not require any qualifying deposit to give you free bets. Additionally, other bookies will provide the bonus after settling your first bet.
The amount of free bets for South Africa you receive differs from one betting site to another. Some offer as low as R20, while others offer as much as R15,000.
Free Sign-Up Bonus – No Deposit
Secondly, South African betting sites will give you a free sign-up bonus. This type of no deposit bonus SA does not need you to top up your account, hence the no deposit offer.
The no-deposit bonus is common. To get it, create an account, verify it, and the bookmaker will credit the amount. While some bookies do it automatically, some require you to contact them for the offer.
Certainly, the no-deposit bonus size is different in South African bookies. Some will offer tens of rands, while others will give you hundreds.
As the name of the offer suggests, the bonus you get will match your deposit, usually the first deposit after creating an account.
Mostly, the deposit bonus is a fixed percentage of your first deposit. For example, a betting site may state that their offer is a 50%, 100%, or even 150% deposit bonus. This means you get the indicated percentage of your deposit added to your account as a registration bonus. Despite this offer sounding juicy, there is always a limit. Usually, your bookmaker will state the limit. It could be R100, R500 or even R1000.
The deposit bonus is the most common welcome bonus at the SA sports betting sites.
Sign Up Free Spins
Most ZA bookmakers do not offer a sportsbook alone. They run other betting verticals like the casino section, which is well-equipped with various games, including slots. Therefore, sign-up free spins are essential when playing slot games. Most bookmakers offer free spins or bets as an addition to the sports bonus, allowing you to enjoy its casino side as well.
The sign-up free spins allow you to spin the reels of any slot game without paying for it. After a win, you must wager the win before a withdrawal.
You will get no specific amount of free spins in this bonus. It all depends on the level of generosity of the betting site. Some will give you 10 free spins, while others will provide 50.
Latly, some bookies in S.A. will offer a welcome package. The pack will consist of several bonuses packed up as one gift for registration. The sign up pack may contain a combination of deposit mathc, free bets and free spins for casino games.
No matter the case, a welcome pack bonus is what new players like to get, especially if one of the gifts in the package is a FICA bonus offer for verification or something similar.
How to Get a South African Free Betting Bonus?
Getting a South Africa free bonus on registration is easy. However, you must meet specific terms and conditions to enjoy the offers.
Some of these conditions include:
- You must register a new account with an SA bookmaker.
- You need to be 18+, i.e. have attained the legal gambling age.
- Deposit any qualifying amount your bookmaker may require.
- Additionally, you must be a South African player.
- Follow all the bonus terms and conditions without any violation.
- If there is a specific promo code to use, ensure you enter it when claiming your free bonus welcome bonus.
- Observe time limits to claim the free betting bonus.
- Always use payment methods that allow you to claim a welcome offer, as some may not, depending on your bookmaker.
Tips on How to Choose the Best Welcome Bonus
South African bookmakers give you a diverse promotions pool to choose a bonus from. But are all the bonuses that appear to you worth a grab? Definitely not. Remember, the bookmakers are out to ensure you sign up.
Therefore, Silentbet has a guide for you when considering the welcome bonuses. What bonuses should you pick? What do you need to check before you run away with that offer?
Silentbet has gone through all the free bonus betting sites and has come up with the tips below that you need to check before taking any bonus.
What I do to choose the better sign up bonuses for me is research. I always shop around, look at the Promotions page of the bookies and compare the welcome bonus amounts and terms before taking the decision where to register.
Tip #1: Mind the Wagering Requirements
Before withdrawing a bonus from your account, you must play it through. Playing through means using extra cash to redeem the bonus.
Every bonus at SA Bookmaker will show you the rollover terms. For example, it can be 10 or 20 times your first deposit. You need to evaluate how much you need to use to redeem the offer. Afterwards, you can decide if it’s worth the spend.
Always go for bonuses with low, friendly, and realistically achievable wagering requirements.
Tip #2: Check the Maximum Withdrawable Amount
For every bonus, there will be a limit on how much you can withdraw. Knowing this value is essential so that you can do your calculations and see if the bonus is worth it. During wagering, you will spend cash. If the amount you can withdraw is limited at a very low value, you may not get any benefit.
Choose a welcome offer with a large limit on how much you can withdraw.
Tip #3: Look for the Welcome Bonus Expiry Date
For every bonus, there will be a bonus expiry date. Checking the date helps you evaluate whether you can claim the offer within a given period. Besides, it could help determine if you will complete the wagering in a given time.
Always choose a bonus with a long expiry and wagering period. This will help ensure you don’t lose the bonus while busy wagering.
Tip #4: Match the Qualifying Deposit
Unless you claim a no-deposit bonus, check the deposit you need to qualify for a welcome offer. Certainly, the deposit will differ from one SA bookmaker to another. But is it affordable for you?
Go for a bookmaker that needs you to deposit an amount you can afford after creating your betting account.
Tip #5: Don’t Forget the Other Terms and Conditions
Although all the above aspects are part of the welcome bonus terms and conditions, they are the tip of the iceberg. There is a whole list of terms for every bonus, and so is the case for SA bookmaker’s welcome bonuses. To avoid issues later, read all the terms and conditions of the welcome offer before you take it.
It could be daunting to go through all the terms, but going through them can only do you good.
The Bottom Line: SA Betting Sites with Free Registration Bonus
South Africa is undoubtedly a vibrant gaming arena with many gambling platforms. We have reviewed and seen many betting sites with welcome bonus in South Africa for 2023 and all types of welcome bonus sites.
Additionally, we have looked at the criteria you should meet to get a welcome offer and the points you need to pick a working welcome offer. With these, you are better positioned to take advantage of the free bonus betting sites the country has.
However, remember that South Africa is strict on gambling, and thus, you should always have your FICA documents to ensure you operate a verified account. With this, you will enjoy free bonus bets and a thrilling gaming moment.
What is a free bonus on registration?
A free bonus on registration refers to a bonus you get at a gaming site without any qualifying deposit.
Which are the best South African sports betting sites with a registration bonus?
There are quite a number of the best South African betting sites with registration bonuses. These include Betfred.co.za, 10bet and World Sports Betting, among others in this review.
Who can get a welcome bonus?
Any new player who verifies their account, deposits the qualifying amount, and observes bonus terms can receive a welcome bonus at any SA bookmaker.
What are the most popular welcome bonus types for betting in South Africa?
The most popular bonus types include no deposit, free spins sign-up, free bets, and deposit match bonuses. Find them on the best bonus betting sites in ZA.
How do I get a free sign up bonus?
To get a free sign up bonus betting, select a bookmaker that offers such, register an account and claim the offer.
Are free bets given as a South African welcome bonus?
Certainly, free bets are available to players as a South African welcome bonus.