|💻 Betfred registration||Sign up here|
|♻ Register time||up to 3 min|
|💌 FICA verification||ID docs needed|
|👉 Signup open to||SA players|
Want to register at Betfred SA in 2023? It will only take up to 3 minutes in total. Prepare your phone as you will needed during the signup process to complete Betfred.co.za registration from South Africa.
The brand has more than enough casino games and sports betting markets to keep betting fun and engaging. However, you can only be a part of the action when you complete the Betfred registration process. Generally, signing up takes a couple of minutes, but verification takes a bit longer. The Silentbet team tested how to open a new account at Betfred Sportsbook and we reveal more details in the article.
How to Register at Betfred.co.za?
Whether you sign up via desktop or mobile, Betfred registration is pretty cut-and-dried and doesn’t involve any unnecessary frills. Here’s the detailed step-by-step process below.
- Open the Betfred site for South Africa
- Click the JOIN button from the menu
- Verify your phone number
- Enter the SMS verification code
- Enter your personal details
Here are more details for each step in the register Betfred South Africa process along with clear pictures.
Step 1: Open the Betfred site for South Africa
The very first step is to make your way to Betfred’s official website. To do this, you can click the link on this page, you’re immediately led to the operator’s welcome page.
Step 2: Click the JOIN button from the menu
Once you land on the welcome page, click on the red “Join” button to begin the Betfred sign up process. This, by the way, is located on the upper right-hand side of the operator’s homepage.
Step 3: Verify your phone number
At this point, the Betfred create new account process begins. Enter a valid phone number you’d like linked to the account, then click “Send Code” to proceed with registration.
Step 4: Enter the SMS verification code
The operator will send a 6-digit verification code via SMS to the number you provided. You’re required to enter that code in the verification code area on the screen, and click “Verify”.
Step 5: Enter your personal details
You can now access the registration form, and it’s time to supply the operator with a few required details. These include your first and last name, physical address, and active email address. Note that the address details must match with what’s written on the proof of address you’re going to upload on the platform. If all is now good and proper, click “Create an account” to complete registration. You can now go through the deposit process, make the minimum deposit, and start betting on your brand new betfred account.
How to Sign Up via Betfred Mobile?
If you want to register with the sportsbook using the Betfred App, the process is also very simple. You’ll find that whether you’re using an Android or iOS device, the procedure is pretty much identical:
- Depending on the device operating system you’re using, start by downloading the respective betting apps on Google Play Store or App Store.
- If you’re not keen on downloading the app, you can open your mobile browser and visit the mobile site.
- When the homepage loads, click “Join” and follow the prompts similar to the desktop signup process to create an account.
Betfred SA Registration Terms
Not everyone can open an account with Betfred. As per its licensing regulations, the bookie requires new customers to satisfy a few eligibility requirements. To qualify for the Betfred registration process, you should:
- Be aged at least 18 years and above: The brand is very particular about its legal gambling age and requires your identification to prove it.
- Reside in South Africa: Players outside SA can’t access the Betfred SA platform, and those who do so using a VPN can be penalized.
- Not carry a previous Betfred account ban: Only new players who have never been blacklisted by the operator can sign up.
- Not be a Betfred employee: This will be considered a breach of the T&Cs as there will be conflict of interests.
Activating your new account
After completing the Betfred registration process, the next step is to log in. Armed with your newly found credentials, you can follow these simple steps:
- Open your preferred browser and go to the Betfred South Africa official landing page.
- This time instead of “Join“, you click the Betfred login link, also on the top right corner of the screen.
- Supply the email address and password you created, and agree to the bookie’s terms and conditions.
- Click the “Log in” button to access your new Betfred account, deposit money, find the bet slip, and start placing sports bets. You can also expect free bets as promotions along with first bet bonus offers.
How to FICA your Betfred Account
Any player hoping to withdraw winnings from the platform will have to complete the FICA process. This is basically to verify each player’s identity and place of residence to deter any fraudulent practices. To FICA your Betfred account, you must share the following:
- Proof of identity, such as a clear copy of your ID, passport, or driving license.
- Proof of residential address in the form of a recent utility bill or scanned copy of your 3-month bank statement.
The FICA process can take up to seven days, and you’re notified as soon as your account is verified.
Registration Bonus for New Players
This bookie for South Africa ushers in new players with a juicy 100% up to R5,000 deposit bonus valid on your first deposit. Here, the Betfred promo code will match your initial deposit to double your wagering chances.
From there, you have a chance to triple your first deposit bonus with the Betfred bonus code of up to R5,000. After completing 5x wagering requirements, existing customers at Betfred Casino also have plenty of additional promotions to look forward to.
Is Registering at Betfred.co.za safe?
Before asking how to register on Betfred.co.za, most players would like to know if they’re dealing with a legitimate site. You’ll be pleased to learn that the brand operates on the straight and narrow and is licensed by the Mpumalanga Gaming Regulator.
Add to that, it runs on state-of-the-art encryption protocols to protect player info and funds. The operator is also big on responsible gambling and has some tools in place to promote healthy gambling habits. Players can set betting limits, activate self-exclusion programmes, or reach out to the National Gambling Commission for counselling in dire cases.
Your First Deposit – All Payment Gateways
|Payment Method||Deposit Minimum||Deposit Maximum||Time for Deposit|
|Visa||ZAR 20||ZAR 5,000||Instant|
|MasterCard||ZAR 20||ZAR 5,000||Instant|
|OTT Vouchers||ZAR 10||ZAR 1,000||Instant|
|1VOUCHER||ZAR 1||ZAR 1,000||Instant|
|Ozow||ZAR 10||ZAR 1,000||Instant|
|Blu Voucher||ZAR 10||ZAR 1,000||Instant|
|EFT Secure||ZAR 10||ZAR 1,000||Instant|
|Payment Method||Withdrawal Minimum||Withdrawal Maximum||Time for Withdrawal|
|Visa||ZAR 50||ZAR 200,000||3-5 Working Days|
|MasterCard||ZAR 50||ZAR 200,000||3-5 Working Days|
|OTT Vouchers||ZAR 200||ZAR 3,000||N/A|
|Ozow||ZAR 200||ZAR 25,000||Up to 24 Hours|
As a South African gambling site, Betfred offers ZAR as the default currency, making it easy for locals to fund their player accounts with their preferred deposit method. Players have a lot of card and e wallet deposit methods familiar in the SA banking market to choose from, and this includes making Visa and Mastercard.
If you’re not comfortable sharing your card details, you can use vouchers like OTT voucher, Blu Voucher and 1ForYou to deposit funds. Funding your player account via instant EFT bank transfers is also another equally effective and fast depositing option. The cash payment method is also available at your nearest Betfred local betting shop if you don’t mind queuing up. Players will be happy to know the welcome bonus is accessible without payment restrictions, so can use any of the mentioned banking methods.
Note, however, that sometimes payment restrictions apply.
Common Signup Problems & How to Solve Them
All things being equal, you should be able to complete the registration process without difficulty. However, it’s possible to encounter some issues while trying to join Betfred South Africa. It’s nothing you can’t handle, though. Here are a few common problems and easy fixes.
- Delays in the signup process: Sometimes, the system might refuse for you to move a step further during the signup process. This isn’t a common issue, but it happens. When it does, refresh the page or contact customer support if the problem persists.
- Not receiving the SMS code for verification: Maybe you made a mistake when providing your South Africa telephone number. Go back and double check for any mistakes.
- Playing without reviewed documents: You might find it difficult to sign up and start playing if you haven’t FICA’d your account. Be sure to use the correct details to avoid requests for additional documents.
- Having more than one account: Duplicate accounts will result in suspencion. So if you want to get another deposit bonus, you must check the ongoing promos and not register a new Betfred account.
The Bottom Line: We tested and recommend Betfred Register
After thoroughly testing and reviewing the Betfred South Africa registration process in 2023, we can safely say it’s relatively quick. Of course, it’s a two-step sign-up process that requires mobile number verification to move on to the next step. But overall, the process doesn’t take that much time, and you receive your verification code almost instantly.
The only notable delays are picked up during the FICA registration process, but that’s only key when you’re looking to withdraw. Even so, the process is standard with SA gambling operators, and you can speed it up by uploading accurate and clear FICA documentation.
Our evaluation: Befred register is worth it!
How long does the Betfred SA registration take?
Registering a Betfred South Africa account takes only a few minutes (usually no more than 3 min). It’s the submission of personal details and FICA verification checks that can take up to seven days.
Why opt for mobile signup via the Betfred app?
Mobile signup is much more convenient and you can create a Betfred account from anywhere. You just need to make sure you have a secure and quality internet connection.
Is there a Betfred registration code I need?
Yes, Betfred sends a 6-digit verification code to your SMS to verify the mobile number you sign up with. You must share it on the platform to complete the verification process.
What to do if I forgot my password?
If you forget your password, go to the Betfred account dashboard and select “Forgot Password”. Follow the prompts to recover your password.
What is my Betfred South Africa account number?
Betfred doesn’t issue you with an account number per se. However, when you create an account (if you are over the legal betting age) you use your unique username and strong password to log in each time.
Who will help me if my registration at Betfred.co.za is unsuccessful?
The Betfred customer support team at Betfred South Africa is more than willing to assist players facing registration difficulties. You can reach them via live chat, email, phone, or social media.